If you’re anything like me, then you are completely obsessed with Grey’s Anatomy.
Let’s be honest here, Meredith Grey is one hell of a badass doctor; she also has the most genuine soul and mind.
1. “So, do it. Decide. Is this the life you want to live? Is this the person you want to love? Is this the best you can be? Can you be stronger? Kinder? More compassionate? Decide. Breathe in. Breathe out and decide.”
2. “I don’t know why we hold onto something we know we’re better off letting go of. It’s like we’re scared to lose what we don’t even really have. Some of us say we’d rather have something than absolutely nothing, but the truth is, to have it halfway is harder than not having it at all.”
3. “If there’s just one piece of advice I can give you, it’s this… when there’s something you really want, fight for it, don’t give up no matter how hopeless it seems. And when you’ve lost hope, ask yourself in 10 years from now, you’re gonna wish you gave it just one more shot because the best things in life, they don’t come free.”
4. “At some point, you just have to let go, move on. Because, no matter how painful it is, it’s the only way we grow.”
5. “There’s a reason I said I’d be happy alone. It wasn’t ’cause I thought I’d be happy alone. It was because I thought if I loved someone and then it fell apart, I might not make it. It’s easier to be alone, because what if you learn that you need love and don’t have it? What if you like it and lean on it? What if you shape your life around it and then it falls apart? Can you even survive that kind of pain? Losing love is like organ damage. It’s like dying. The only difference is death ends.This? This could go on forever.”
6. “Too often, the thing you want most is the one thing you can’t have. Desire leaves us heartbroken, it wears us out. Desire can wreck your life. But as tough as wanting something can be, the people who suffer the most, are those who don’t know what they want.”
7. “People have scars. In all sorts of unexpected places. Like secret road maps of their personal history. Diagrams of all their old wounds. Most of our wounds heal, leaving nothing behind but a scar. But some of them don’t. Some wounds we carry with us everywhere and though the cuts long gone, the pain still lingers.”
8. “Sometimes the past is something you can’t let go of. And sometimes the past is something we’ll do anything to forget. And sometimes we learn something new about the past that changes everything we know about the present.”
9. “When we follow out hearts; when we choose not to settle. It’s funny, isn’t it? A weight lifts. The sun shines a little brighter. And, for a brief moment at least, we find a little piece.”
10. “At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don’t keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That’s how we’re made. So, you can waste your life drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them.”
11. “At the end of the day faith is a funny thing. It turns up when you don’t really expect it. It’s like one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. And it’s not so important happy ever after, just that its happy right now. See once in a while, once in a blue moon, people will surprise you , and once in a while people may even take your breath away.”
12. “We do our very best but sometimes it’s just not good enough. We buckle our seat belts, we wear a helmet, we stick to the lighted path. We try so hard to protect ourselves but it doesn’t make a damn bit of difference, cause when the bad things come, they come out of nowhere. The bad things come suddenly with no warning, but we forget, that sometimes that’s how the good things come too.”